Ashlar Code is a modern code editor built with the Flutter API. It runs on native code and aims to be fast, smooth, and extensible.
- Syntax highlighting using TextMate language grammars
- Themes support TextMate theme formats
- Unlimited undo
- Multi-cursor editing
- Search with plaintext, or regular expressions
- Search and Replace
- Sidebar file explorer with file type icons
- Multiple opened documents with tabbed views
- Supports virtual and physical keyboards
- Opens very large files
- Basic Git support for clone, pull, merge, checkout, commit, push with SSH keys authentication.
- SFTP support
- abyss, kimbie, monokai, red, seti, solarized, tomorrow-night, dracula
Ashlar Code is released as a paid mobile app to support its development. Desktop versions will be available as free downloads. Early mobile versions will also released as free downloads.
Earlier versions of Ashlar Code and/or its variants are opensourced.
Issues and Feature requests
Send bugs or feature request though the github page.
- Files with more than 10000 lines will disable word wrapping.
- Tabs are currently automatically converted to space characters.
- Utf8 characters are only partially supported.
- Git: Only authentication via SSH key is supported. Username + Password currently is not supported by github.com and by Ashlar Code.
- Git: Conflicts will have to be resolved manually or by other more advanced git client apps.